Rowe, fellow golfers compete at GF Invite

While golf may not be the most physical sport, sophomore Harly Rowe knows that it’s no walk in the park.

“The mental game is hard. You have to balance fun and hard work,” Rowe said. “It depends on the day. If you’re doing good, you feel good. If you’re playing bad, it sucks, and it’s only your fault.”

Rowe is on the CMR golf team for the second consecutive year. While she also plays basketball, Rowe says golf is a completely different sport mentally.

“In basketball you always have a team to work with, but with golf it’s all on you, and you have to motivate yourself,” she said.

Rowe’s ability to motivate herself has kept her busy throughout the summer.

“I try to get out once a day to golf, for two or three hours. Sometimes at the beginning of summer I didn’t always, but now I am,” Rowe said. “It really helps my mental game, and it makes me better at keeping my cool, so I can have more fun.”

She practices at the Meadowlark Country Club, where she and the rest of the golf team competed against other Montana schools Aug. 20, the first day of a two-day tournament. At Meadowlark, she finished with a 97 through 18 holes. On Aug. 21, the golfers competed at Eagle Falls Golf Course.