Staff writer discusses how sports affects one’s high school career

Lexi Bako, Staff Writer

I don’t really believe in “cliques,” you know the jocks, nerds, preps, and what not. We all have our interests, but we all interact with each other.

I’m a sophomore, and so far my interests have fallen under the art side CMR has to offer. I’ve been involved with newspaper for two years as well, taking Intro to Journalism freshman year. You may have guessed it, but I have not taken a school sport, but I have appreciated from a distance.

I would say sports have a big impact on a student’s high school career. Playing football or joining the cheer squad dictates almost every day of your life, and keeps you on track.

To be on a team you have to have good grades, either wake up early, or stay after school for practice, and just in general stay out of trouble.

Now, in high school you’re bombarded with homecoming games, and crosstown. We’ve all seen it, and I’m not sure if it is just me, but when I go to the games, even the kids who complain about “how lame they are,” and having a great time, whether they are watching the game or hanging out with their friends.

Sports has set up a good foundation for those who participate in them, and those who just go to watch. It is an interactive experience for people to look back on when they’re older.