• Blood Drive: April 29 April 15, 2014

• CMR Drama Story Theater: April 24 April 15, 2014

• Spring Break: April 17-21 April 8, 2014

Americans’ season comes to close over weekend

Peyton Fulbright and Tony Lynes
March 6, 2014
Filed under Sports

This Sunday, senior Bridger Croft and the Great Falls Americans are hoping to end the night singing their victory song at the state tournament in Billings. "After every win our coach comes in and we all start clapping in rhythm and sing our... Read More »

Lowry named new football coach

Peyton Fulbright, Editor-in-Chief
March 6, 2014
Filed under Sports

lthough he understands the pressure of his situation, new football coach Gary Lowry is prepared to deal with any success or failure he finds at the helm of his program. "At any level, the next person is always looked at under a microscope,... Read More »

Respect, kindness to others is more rewarding than you may know

Peyton Fulbright, Editor-in-Chief
January 23, 2014
Filed under Opinions

A lot of things have been bothering me this school year, one of the biggest being the golden rule of respect. It’s something simple that we should have learned in Kindergarten, but something about high school makes kids think it’s cool to be mean. They don’t feel the need to listen to teachers... Read More »

Stampede staff member finds new ways to discover popular website Youtube

Peyton Fulbright, Editor-in-Chief
January 23, 2014
Filed under Entertainment

A lot of teenagers get bored, so they use the internet for entertainment. While more often than not, internet surfing consists of Facebook and funny pictures, something worthwhile yet forgotten looms that holds a more worthwhile and educational value What I’m referring to are YouTube documentaries.... Read More »

International Education Week sparks creativity, unity in students

Peyton Fulbright, Print EIC
December 10, 2013
Filed under News

Every year, one week in November is known as International Education Week. During this week, there is an extreme focus on education and cultural unity. In Great Falls, foreign exchange students use this week to give presentations about their homes in all of their classes. One particular foreign exchange... Read More »

New sports program hits Great Falls

Peyton Fulbright, Editor-in-Chief
November 15, 2013
Filed under Sports

On a chilly afternoon in October, the sound of a coach calling plays sounds over a field as a new sports program prepares for the season ahead. The University of Great Falls Argos are introducing a lacrosse program, and leading the charge... Read More »

I’m too sexy for my…stamps?

Peyton Fulbright, Sports Editor
June 3, 2013
Filed under Opinions

I love mail fashion. Something about different stamp designs and trying to match the color of them to manila envelopes gets me going. Oh wait, wrong kind of mail? Oh well, I love male fashion, too. For a lot of guys, looking good can mean throwing on their favorite T-shirt with their best jeans... Read More »

Crosby appointed girls varsity basketball coach

Peyton Fulbright, Sports Editor
April 26, 2013
Filed under Top Stories

Yesterday, Brian Crosby was named to the position of 2013-2014 varsity girls basketball coach. Q: How did you come about the coaching position? A: After coach Olson stepped down, I decided to apply. I wanted to be head coach again. I was head coach at Highwood before I came here, and I’ve always... Read More »

The shot heard around the school: Last second 3-pointer lifts Wolves to victory

Peyton Fulbright, sports editor
December 21, 2012
Filed under Sports

With six seconds left in overtime, senior Joey Marzion sprints down the court and takes the Rustler lead with a layup. Glacier High School gets the ball and quickly inbounds it to Michaels. Down by two points, Glacier has accepted defeat and CMR has already started to feel the thrill of victory. From... Read More »

Miss Montana shares her experiences

Miss Montana shares her experiences

Peyton Fulbright , Sports Editor
November 28, 2012
Filed under Top Stories

Miss Montana 2012, Alexis Wineman came to C.M. Russell High School to speak to the student body about her experiences. On Nov. 28, she talked to kids about her lilfe story. She grew up in Cut Bank, where she was diagnosed with autism when she was 11. “My parents were relieved. Before the diagnosis,... Read More »

Running with the devil

Running with the devil

Peyton Fulbright, Sports Editor
September 28, 2012
Filed under featured-athlete, Sports

Running hard and breathing heavy, Junior Guilherme Poelsma thinks about everything he loathes. “I hate running, it’s the devil,” Poelsma said. In his first year as a member of the cross country team, he says it was his choice to join, even though he hates running. “I joined because cross... Read More »

Rowe, fellow golfers compete at GF Invite

Peyton Fulbright, Sports Editor
August 21, 2012
Filed under Sports, Top Stories

While golf may not be the most physical sport, sophomore Harly Rowe knows that it’s no walk in the park.                 “The mental game is hard. You have to balance fun and hard work,” Rowe said. “It depends on the day. If you’re doing good, you feel good. If you’re playing... Read More »

Lawhon’s three decades come to a close

Lawhon’s three decades come to a close

Peyton Fulbright, Staff Writer
June 4, 2012
Filed under Features

When she started working at CMR 30 years ago, Carolyn Lawhon didn’t anticipate being  at the school for this long.                 “I talked to the principal and filled out an application, then was hired. I didn’t plan on staying long, I worked because I needed to,” Lawhon... Read More »

Meaty Misunderstandings

Peyton Fulbright, Stampede Reporter
April 11, 2012
Filed under News

March madness may be in basketball, but MMA has had some fighters with some serious “roid rage” this month.                 Hulking behemoth and self proclaimed horse meat-eater Alistair Overeem tested positive for elevated testosterone levels, and “King Mo” Lawal was released... Read More »

Scoring goals and awards with ease

Peyton Fulbright, Stampede Writer
March 15, 2012
Filed under Sports

Waking up to a pleasant surprise is something junior Nicholas Downs has experienced in the last few weeks.                 “I had a concussion, so I was sleeping on the couch, recovering. My mom woke me up and told me I won,” Downs said.                 Downs was... Read More »

Rising Action: The land of the rising sun

Peyton Fulbright, Stampede Reporter
February 27, 2012
Filed under News

Electricity was in the air surrounding Japan Saturday night, as the UFC had a spectacular night of fights at the Saitama Super Arena. Until a few years ago, Japan was the center of MMA. Pride FC was where the best of the best was, but Pride’s management went bankrupt when news surfaced of a scandal... Read More »

“Don’t be scared homie”

Peyton Fulbright, Stampede Reporter
February 7, 2012
Filed under News

Saturday night, confusion and uncertainty consumed the premises of UFC 143.                 Carlos Condit faced off against Nick Diaz for the welterweight interim championship. This five round contest was about as close as it gets. Being a judge would be awful, because I watched the... Read More »

Coming into Contendership

Peyton Fulbright, Stampede Reporter
January 31, 2012
Filed under News

This last weekend’s fights on FOX, weren’t quite as spectacular as they were hyped up to be. Rashad Evans was victorious over Phil Davis, claiming the number one light heavy weight contender slot; and Chael Sonnen was extremely lucky, getting an undeserved judge’s... Read More »

Opening Bell

Peyton Fulbright, Stampede Reporter
January 31, 2012
Filed under News

This here is the first edition of a little blog I like to call fight week. Every week, I’ll be going over the latest fight news, as well as reviewing the most recent, popular fights. Mainly, you’ll be reading about MMA, but I’ll touch on boxing, and refer to the occasional super fights in kickboxing,... Read More »

CMR student and graduates set world record

Peyton Fulbright
October 7, 2011
Filed under Features

This summer, senior George Vogl found out firsthand that Xbox’s are great for entertainment -- but cooking hamburgers, not so much. "I was so out of it. I found a cold hamburger in a bag. I tried to cook it on my Xbox-I thought it would work," Vogl said. ... Read More »